Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where did that come from??

There isn't much to love about autism.  Just trust me on that.  But one of the things that I love about autism is the crazy things that Austin will say out of the blue.  Most of those things come from his memory of movies he has seen, books he has read, songs he knows or computer games he has played.  While the majority of these things are random there is the occasional statement that seems like it almost fits the situation.  Since I shared with you in the last post things that I love about Michael I will dedicate this post to my sweet Austin Wade or Austin Waddles as I like to call him.

Lastnight was my night to get up with Luke (Eric and I rotate nights) so I was very sleepy this morning.  Like every other person on the planet I needed some caffiene to get me going...but I am not a coffee drinker.  I love the occasional frappachino, latte or cup of coffee punch (yummy!!!) but a cup of Joe each morning is not for me.  So to get myself going this morning I staggered downstairs to get a Diet Dr Pepper....my morning cup of caffiene.  As I walked into the kitchen I saw Austin sitting at the table.  He had headphones in his ears and he was playing on the computer.  I leaned down to kiss him and he looks at me and says "Air pollution is a BIG problem!"  Ummmmm.....where did that come from?  I looked down at the computer to see a flying monkey on the PBS Kids Eeko World website talking about air pollution.  According to the monkey "air pollution is a BIG problem" and Austin thought I needed to know that...thanks, Buddy!  That's good information to know.

The other night Austin asked me for some blue cookies (mini Oreos...he calls them that because the bag is blue) so I got some for him and put them in a bowl.  As I was walking towards him with the cookies he looks at me and says "Come to Papa!"  Totally random but so hilarious!!  I think he got that from Toy Story 3 but he said it at a time that would have been appropriate.  I couldn't stop laughing.

Recently, I was holding baby Luke and Austin wanted my attention.  He walked up to me, pointed to baby Luke and told me to "turn it off."  So sweet that Austin thought it was that simple.

I could go on and on but I won't bore you.  Eric told me not to make my posts too long or no one will want to read them.  I guess that is true.  But before I sign-off I have to say that Austin has totally stolen my heart.  He shows me unconditional love each day no matter how I behave or how much time I get to spend with him.  Much like my Heavenly Father does with me.  I love that little boy with every fiber of my being!  I wouldn't change a thing about him.  What an honor and a priviledge it is to be Austin's Mommy.  I am humbled to know that God chose me to take care of one of His most precious creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment