Friday, August 2, 2013

Life Just Keeps On Going



I can’t believe that it’s been almost 2-1/2 years since my last blog post.  Well, let’s be honest, I actually can believe that it’s been that long.  I live a crazy busy life these days.  Most of the time I don’t even know what day of the week it is….sad, yes I know, but so very true.  Sometimes in the midst of my hectic days I pause for a minute and wonder how it is that my family hasn’t had me committed yet, because I’ve got more crazy going on right now than should be legal for one person.  But even though I feel completely overwhelmed on most days, I still wouldn’t trade it for anything else in this world.  It’s a crazy, insanely busy life but it’s MY life.

One of my last blog posts talked about me going back to school to pursue my dream of becoming a Nurse.  I am happy to say that after 2 years of some very hard work balancing the kids, my role as a wife and Mom and my schoolwork, I have finally made it to the clinical portion of my Nursing degree.  I’ve worked so hard to get to this point and now that I’m here I feel a bit panicked.  Feeling a bit overwhelmed and insecure in my abilities to not only finish what I started but to finish well.  I always give 110% to everything that I do (well maybe not EVERYTHING…some things like dusting, dishes and laundry get about 85% but who’s judging right?) and I have no doubt that I will follow suit with the same dedication to my studies…I’m just a little bit nervous about how I will juggle all my responsibilities in my quest for completion of my Nursing degree. 

With all the crazy that I have going on right now, I sometimes feel an overwhelming need to get all the jumbled thoughts and emotions out of my head so that I can make room for more important things like remembering where I put the car pool tag for Austin’s school or trying to remember if I already added fabric softener to the load of towels that are in the washing machine.  Because I’ve got so much commotion going on in my head I’ve decided that I should start blogging again…even if nobody reads it, it will still be my crazy life and all my messed up thoughts and feelings organized into one nice neat place.  It might even be a bit cathartic for me…so I’m going to give it a try. I probably should apologize in advance if I end up allowing you to see more into my life than you ever wanted to know, but I won’t…because to be fair, you don’t have to read it.  But if you do choose to read it...I hope that you enjoy the crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment